Rancho Palos Verdes, CA by Architect Pierre Koenig, 1966

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DougKramer
Modern Socialite

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA by Architect Pierre Koenig, 1966

Postby DougKramer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Greetings All,

The SoCal Modern team is pleased to announce the listing of this beautiful ocean view midcentury modern property designed by Pierre Koenig. This is the only Koenig we are aware of on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. As noted on this message board some time back, it was on the market earlier this year at a significantly higher price. The sellers have now brought the price more in line with the comparable sales in the area.

Please take a look: http://www.socalmodern.com/homesdetail. ... 42&iid=858

Any interest or questions, feel free to call or email.

Doug Kramer
SoCal Modern
www.socalmodern.com
c. 949 922 2291
I am a realtor who specializes in modern properties in Long Beach, Orange County and beyond.

synthetic space
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby synthetic space » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:15 am

God, I love Koenig!

pinetree
Modern Socialite

Postby pinetree » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Amen!
The Carter Sparks Archive
http://cartersparks.org

scottkaycee
Modern Master

Postby scottkaycee » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:12 am

Has this house been remodeled? I dont ever remember a sawtooth roof in Koenig's oeuvre?, This is a stunning mid century house, but it is missing that stark quitetness of Koenig's other work.
How about a career in Architecture? www.scottkirkcueto.blogspot.com

DougKramer
Modern Socialite

Open House This Sunday, Oct. 4

Postby DougKramer » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Hello All,

Just a heads up that we will be holding this Pierre Koenig open this Sunday, October 4, from 1 pm to 4 pm:

http://www.socalmodern.com/homesdetail. ... 42&iid=858

Cheers,

Doug Kramer
SoCal Modern
www.socalmodern.com
c. 949 922 2291
I am a realtor who specializes in modern properties in Long Beach, Orange County and beyond.

DougKramer
Modern Socialite

Postby DougKramer » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:29 pm

In response to scottkaycee's inquiry, this Pierre Koening has NEVER been remodeled - it is 100% original. It is true that the saw tooth roof is not typical of Koenig's designs, but it is very effective, especially in terms of adding height and volume to the interior spaces and light and shadow through the triangular clerestory windows.

The exact reason for the variation in design is not known, but it likely has something to do with the unique design standards on the Peninsula at the time. This is reflected in Neutra's designs as well in adjacent Palos Verdes Estates.

Whatever the reason, the end results in this home are stunning. I welcome all to come and judge for themselves. We will have the house open this Sunday, October 4, from 1 pm to 4 pm.

markjudep
Modern Master

Postby markjudep » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:44 am

I was in RPV last week and I drove by. Really amazing house in a great neighborhood.

DougKramer
Modern Socialite

Open House: This Sunday, December 6 from Noon to 3 pm

Postby DougKramer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Hello All,

Just a heads up that we are holding this house open this Sunday, December 6, from noon to 3:00 pm. All are welcome to come and see this exceptional Pierre Koenig designed residence.

Here is an updated link with new pricing information:

http://www.socalmodern.com/homesdetail. ... 42&iid=858

Cheers,

Doug Kramer
SoCal Modern
www.SoCalModern.com
c. 949 922 2291

siobhanmarie
Modern Socialite

Postby siobhanmarie » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:54 pm

This is all I want for Christmas!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”