Long Lost Lautner in Echo Park, Los Angeles

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ch
Special Secret Modern Agent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Long Lost Lautner in Echo Park, Los Angeles

Postby ch » Thu May 08, 2014 3:30 am

One owner for 65 years!

www.1430avon.com

(Property taxes for the current owner are $111, to be adjusted upon sale)

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Sat May 24, 2014 4:27 am

Wow, awesome place! Love it.
http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

ch

Postby ch » Sat May 24, 2014 3:31 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting the owner/realtor when he did a twilight open house last Saturday. He was most gracious in letting any and all callers spend as much time as they liked wandering the house. It's in sad but original shape and could be brought back with the proper funds. There are some great details to the place and the views to downtown are wonderful.

It's really exciting to me that just when you think there's nothing left to discover something like this house turns up out of the blue.

spinsLPs
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby spinsLPs » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:01 am

Sold for $1,225,000 on June 11th. $226,000 over asking.

ch

Postby ch » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:48 am

This price may have included the vacant lot next door which was also offered for sale. I think they were asking around $200,000 or so. Perhaps this is a "bargain" for a Lautner as the Carling house is now on the market for 3 million.

The Mod Jetsetter
Modern Fan

Postby The Mod Jetsetter » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:22 am

Purchased by fashion designer Trina Turk and her husband Jonathan Skow, according to Trina's Instagram account.

ch

Postby ch » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:42 am

So is this good news? Will they be content with the original design of a 2 bedroom / 1 bath house? (I assume they will want to remove the awful 1960s addition?)

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”